POSITIVE BEHAVIOR INTERVENTION STUDENTS
THE MISSION STATEMENT OF THE SCHOOLWIDE PBIS TEAM IS TO MOTIVATE VIDALIA HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS AND STAFF TO SHOW POSITIVE BEHAVIOR.
- TO ENCOURAGE POSITIVE BEHAVIOR IN OUR STUDENTS AND STAFF
- TO MAINTAIN AND RECOGNIZE POSITIVE BEHAVIOR THROUGH A REWARD SYSTEM
MOTTO: Show your Viking PRIDE in everything you do.
- I will be on time.
- I will attend each class.
- I will have my materials.
- I will communicate in a positive way.
- I will work to solve problems.
- I will be supportive and accepting of others.
- I will treat others the way I want to be treated.
- I will do my own work.
- I will collaborate with my peers.
- I will make my own decisions.
- I will be held accountable for my actions.
- I will stay focused.
- I will ask for help when I need it.
- I will keep trying even when it's difficult.
- I will make up all missed work.
- I will give it my all.
- I will be the best I can be.
Incentives for Students
We will be doing an incentive program called Viking Vouchers. These are tickets that will be given to students from teachers and staff members at the school for showing their PRIDE!
The Viking Vouchers are used for a weekly drawing where students can win different rewards (tickets to school athletic events, gift cards and prizes donated by local businesses, treats or goodies donated by the teacher/PTA/clubs). The names of the winning students are announced during the FRIDAY morning announcements.
Students can also save their vouchers to trade them in for other rewards:
- 4 Vouchers -an item from the snack shack
- 4 Vouchers – free jean day
- 6 Vouchers- entrance into a pizza or donut party sponsored by the PBIS club each 9 weeks.
Student of the Week and Teacher of the Month
Students will be selected by teachers each week to be selected as student of the week. These students will get a treat bag and will be invited to a special reward at the end of each nine weeks.
Teachers will be selected by student vote. Teachers selected will be given a goodie basket and incentives provided by the administration.