Welcome to my class webpage. I am looking forward to working with all of you this year.
This is my 7th year at Vidalia High School, and my 14th year teaching. I have worked in two other parishes in Louisiana (Tangipahoa and Ascension), in Alabama, at an online educational company, and worked as a consultant with the state of Louisiana Department of Education.
This year I am teaching English II: on the class page, you will find class notes, handouts, and plans for each week, as well as due dates and test information. Notes and other information will be uploaded regularly.
Welcome to English II! I'm using Remind to help keep you informed about important news and updates. Remind is a free service that allows you to get messages directly on your phone.
Joining my class on Remind is easy. You can choose whether you prefer text messages or smartphone notifications.
Signing up for text messages
- Text my class code @vhseng2 to the phone number 81010 or (601) 499-4412.
- Reply to the text messages from the Remind team.
Signing up for smartphone notifications
- Download the Remind app on your Android or iOS device. Click here for a link to the apps: rmd.at/vhseng2
- Open the app and create an account (or log in if you already have one).
- Tap the + by classes joined and enter my class code @vhseng2.
That's all you need to do to start receiving messages!
A few other things you might like to know:
- Our personal contact information (like cell phone numbers) will not be visible on Remind.
- All of our messages will be recorded in communication logs that you can access and download.
- I can also receive messages on Remind.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I'm looking forward to connecting with you!
Mrs. Angela Smith
English II Teacher- Vidalia High School